Our local area experiences a very long and hot "Pitta Season", so learning to manage heat during this time will be valuable for everyone. Ayurveda is a sister science to Yoga and considered to be the oldest form of medicine in the world. Ayurveda recognizes the delicate relationship between mind, body, and spirit with the deepest understanding that every individual has their own unique nature.
Each individual has a certain percentage of elements (ether, air, earth, fire, water) represented in Ayurveda in three "doshas". Vata (ether/air), Pitta (fire, water), and Kapha (earth, water). These doshas are also present in many rhythms throughout our existence including, but not limited to, seasons.
This workshop is a fusion of an Ayurvedic and Yogic approach to reducing excess Pitta Dosha in the mind and body through yoga poses and dialogue.
This workshop is for you, if you frequently experience:
- Irritability, anger, frustration
- Acne, rosacea, rashes
- Hyper acidity, heartburn, acid reflux
- Inflammation in body and joints
- Loose stools
- Intense appetite, upset or distressed after missing meals
- Workaholic/excess in activity leading to "burnout
- You feel unproductive if you’re not always moving
These existing symptoms will intensify over the summer months!
You will learn to reduce excess heat in the mind and body through:
- Understanding (heating/cooling) foods
- Understanding balanced vs imbalanced digestion
- Doshic qualities and rhythms in season, times of day, and age
- Practical and medicinal recipes
- Seasonal food list
- Cooling lifestyle practices
- Cooling pranayama (breathing)
- Pitta reducing asana (posture)
We will also share some tea and cooling snacks during our time together.
2.5h $50/per person
There are 20 spaces available
Katie Noll is an Ayurvedic Health Educator from California College of Ayurveda
Candace Poirieris a 200+ hour yoga teacher/Essential Oil Educator